We see ourselves as enablers of payments innovation. By providing a single point of integration to the real-time transaction data that exists within the world’s largest payment networks, Fidel liberates developers from the obstacles of time, cost and compliance that can hinder their ability to build engaging user experiences. Using Fidel’s platform, companies like RBC, Perkbox and British Airways have built some of the sleekest payments-led user experiences being used today.
Launched in 2018 by Dev Subrata and Andre Elias, Fidel is headquartered in London, with offices also in Lisbon and New York. We’re backed by investors including Nyca Partners and QED Investors.
In this exciting period of growth, both within the UK and on the international stage, we are now looking for an experienced Director of Global Communications who wants to be part of this journey.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain Fidel’s Communications engine - encompassing PR, internal communications, content and social
- Work directly with the members of the executive leadership team to define the voice and positioning of Fidel and the way we talk about ourselves - own brand and product messaging consistency, internally and externally
- Work with our CEO/founder, and other stakeholders, to help drive thought leadership and take advantage of other earned media and speaking opportunities that position Fidel as a leader in the field
- Partner with Fidel’s Revenue and Product functions to develop a deep understanding of our customers, how our platform generates value for them and how best to drive engagement with them
- Maintain direct relationships with journalists and manage relationships with external agencies and consultants
- Respond to media inquiries and draft bylines, press releases, social media posts and blogs as needed
- Stay abreast of news media headlines, identifying opportunities to newsjack where appropriate - seize opportunities to become another thought leader for Fidel
We want you, if you
- Self-starter with initiative and high horsepower, but with requisite sensitivity and judgement
- Creative, resourceful storyteller with a knack for building compelling narrative and ability to translate the complex into easy-to-understand language with clear impact
- Ability to deliver today - demonstrable writing, project management, and stakeholder management skills. And ability to deliver tomorrow - capacity to build and lead a team. Demonstrated history of attracting a high performing team a plus
- Demonstrable media track record and results - ability to develop media strategy as well as ability to execute
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 21 nationalities in our growing team and speak 27 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
BENEFITS We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home when you need to
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Pension with Smart Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Perkbox (perks incl. Mobile phone insurance)
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel employees or any other company location. Fidel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.