Please attach your CV, cover letter, and portfolio to apply. Applications without these will automatically be rejected.
Fidel’s mission is to democratize access to financial data globally so that consumers are in control of their data. Our technology makes transactional data accessible through a single access point for global businesses like Avios, Klarna and the Royal Bank of Canada. We have a record of fast growth and our key investors include Horizon Ventures and Innovate UK.
We recently closed our Series A round, raising $18M from top-tier VCs, including Nyca Partners and QED Investors. We currently have offices in London and Lisbon — and we’re only getting started.
In this exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, we are now looking for an UI & UX Designer who wants to be part of this journey.
About the Role
This is an opportunity for a Designer who is looking to get their hands dirty in the whole design process, for an innovative product in a great tech environment. On top of that, there's heaps of opportunities to flourish and own the visual side of Product Design within the company.
In this role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
What you'll do
- Own the Product Design process for your projects from concepting and research, to providing multiple solutions, to creating and delivering the UI and interaction designs
- Iterate and improve on existing features based on user insights, user-testing, data, and business goals.
- Support and elevate design quality standards across Fidel API by contributing to the design rituals, and actively offering improvements to process and culture
- Help improve the overall experience of Fidel's product through research and design.
- Work alongside Product Managers, Engineers and Customer Facing teams to rapidly-produce concepts and prototypes and then validate your prototypes on real users.
- Communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and pixel-perfect visual designs.
- Engage with the user base and the wider Fidel community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
We want you, if you have:
- 4-6 years of experience;
- A love of working closely with engineering and product managers. We're a small team that moves fast, and believes that this partnership is critical
- Have a keen eye for effective UI and interaction patterns. You have experience creating delightful interfaces that real people can use
- Are comfortable owning the entire design process, from ideation and UX through to UI and interaction design
- Comfortable asking questions so as to challenge the status quo and to form your own stories about the Fidel brand;
- A true collaborator that is happy to receive feedback and to give feedback to others;
- Great communication skills. We work with a remote team so strong communication skills are a must;
- Demonstrate initiative, be proactive as well as self-manage time and projects;
- Adobe creative suite programmes (illustrator, photoshop, indesign);
- Microsoft office;
- Google Suite;
- For digital projects, we work predominately in Figma. We are open to candidates if they only know Sketch. When you know Sketch it only takes a few days to learn Figma, though we do expect you to master Figma before you begin your role;
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 15 nationalities in our growing team and speak 14 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Share options - you’re part of Fidel’s success. So why not share (excuse the pun) the rewards!
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible working - work from home or abroad when you need to
- Health insurance
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
- Dinner if you need to work late
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel employees or any other company location. Fidel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.