Fidel is working to build a world where power and control of data shifts back to its creator - the consumer. Fidel enables developers to access real-time card payment data through a single API and build their application on top of the payments infrastructure from the three major card networks (Visa, Amex and Mastercard. This allows our customers to supercharge innovation and drive value back to consumers quickly and affordably. Our customers currently include global businesses such as Klarna, Avios and Royal Bank of Canada.
We recently closed our Series A round, raising $18m from top-tier VCs, including Nyca Partners and QED Investors. We currently have offices in London, Lisbon and Toronto - and we're only getting started.
To achieve our next growth targets, we are now hiring for a VP of Product to shape a critical business function, working directly with the CTO and take our Product Management function to the next level. You will be work closely with Card Networks, Banks and Issuer Processors, and travel to the strategic locations to build and strengthen these partnerships.
The role: You will manage the full end-to-end product management lifecycle, covering needs identification, requirements analysis, solution documentation, software development, and workflow processes, and then have a team of developers to build and launch the MVP. This is an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who wants to build a business within a business.
What you’ll be doing:
Product Development: Own a product stack and work closely with engineering by managing product backlogs, as well as marketing, revenue operations, sales, customer success and external stakeholders to ensure products are developed in a timely and measurable manner, and drive revenue.
Strategy & framework setting: Build a long-term product strategy & feature roadmap in line with market expectations.
C-level stakeholder engagement: Take the lead in contracting with Card Networks, Banks, Issuer Processors, Proof of Concept clients and supporting regulatory processes prior to launch.
Building the team: Develop a plan for the team, hire developers specialised in issuance and push payments; Product Owners to work with card networks
Market Analysis: Work closely with Product Marketing gain a deep understanding of customer experience and the market landscape. Identify product gaps and prioritise and design features for a variety of personas, from non-technical users to developers
User Testing: Make use of usability testing and beta testing to ensure our product offers the best user experience and meets customer needs. Assess results and take appropriate corrective action.
GTM: Launch new products that reduce friction for Fidel developers. Plan releases and feed into product marketing go-to-market plans, working with both internal and external stakeholders. Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
Measurement and reporting: Analyse the performance of our product using data, and use those insights to determine product roadmap. Based on product performance, determine when actions are needed to upgrade, improve, revise or reposition products.
Who are you:
Core attributes and skills we’re hoping to see highlighted in your CV and application are:
- Industry expert: An extensive experience in payments / financial products.
- Technical aptitude: You have hands-on experience as a product manager working in agile development on technical products, especially APIs and developer platforms.
- Product lifecycle management: Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Customer-centricity: Passionate about creating engaging and thoughtful customer experiences across the entire customer lifecycle, with a strong affinity for good design and UI.
- Analytical mindset: Creative problem solver with a holistic mindset – connecting the dots, systematic in structuring them and detailed-oriented in specifying them.
- Iteration & optimisation: Ability to take an iterative, logical and methodical approach to problem solving, while still being innovative and creative.
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic employer and as will be updating our US specific benefits.
What you’ll get:
- Share options - you’re part of Fidel’s success.
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible working - work from home or abroad when you need to
- Health insurance
- Unlimited budget for any new tech equipment, software or books you need
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.