Fidel’s mission is to democratize access to financial data globally so that consumers are in control of their data. Our technology makes transactional data accessible through a single access point for global businesses like Avios, Klarna and the Royal Bank of Canada. We have a record of fast growth and our key investors include Horizon Ventures and Innovate UK.
We recently closed our Series A round, raising $18M from top-tier VCs, including Nyca Partners and QED Investors. We currently have offices in London and Lisbon - and we're only getting started.
In this exciting period of growth, both within the UK and internationally, we are now looking for an experienced Back-end Engineer who wants to be part of this journey.
What you'll do...
- Design and build the core of the Fidel API.
- Design reliable, fault-tolerant micro-service architectures largely written in Node JS.
- Design and build integrations with third parties to add new value-added services.
- Automate safely deploying software, utilizing CI and unit/integration testing.
- Know how to prevent breaking changes, discovering solutions that are backward compatible.
- Maintain and nurture a cohesive architecture on a rapidly expanding startup.
- Guide and manage our engineering partnerships with our clients, facilitating collaboration and integration strategies.
- Share and spread your expertise through contributions to our blog and speaking at conferences.
- Contribute and help guide the open-source community behind Fidel.
We want you if...
- Node.js – 4+ years experience. The Fidel API is written in Node.js.
- Product – As an early-stage company, we're most interested in engineering leaders who understand how to craft raw software projects into compelling user-facing products.
- Entrepreneurial – Comfortable in a dynamic startup environment where change is constant and you will be largely self-guided.
- Leadership - You have worked on and helped lead a large project to success and understand the day-to-day intricacies of working in an agile collaboration environment.
- Cloud knowledge - You have worked in multiple cloud environments and understand the problems developers face when working on cloud infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Communication - Clear, enthusiastic and communicator. Able to lead and inspire teams and our customers.
- Remote minded - Experience working and communicating with a remote team in an effective asynchronous way.
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 15 nationalities in our growing team and speak 14 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Share options - you’re part of Fidel’s success. So why not share (excuse the pun) the rewards!
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible working - work from home or abroad when you need to
- Vitality health insurance
- Perkbox benefits scheme
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
- Pension with Smart Pension (employer contribution is 2% of base salary)
- Dinner if you need to work late
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel employees or any other company location. Fidel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.