Strategy · New York
We see ourselves as enablers of payments innovation. By providing a single point of integration to the real-time transaction data that exists within the world’s largest payment networks, Fidel liberates developers from the obstacles of time, cost and compliance that can hinder their ability to build engaging user experiences. Using Fidel’s platform, companies like RBC, Perkbox, British Airways and Klarna have built some of the sleekest payments-led user experiences being used today.
Launched in 2018 by Dev Subrata and Andre Elias, Fidel is headquartered in Soho, London, with offices also in Lisbon and New York. We’re backed by investors including Nyca Partners and QED Investors.
In this exciting period of growth, both within the UK and on the international stage, we are now looking for an experienced Strategy Manager who wants to be part of this journey.
As Manager, Strategy, you will help form the point of the spear for new strategic opportunities and/or partnerships. This role will be wide-reaching - encompassing strategic analysis and business case development, strategic partner management, as well as new opportunity development.
This role requires a results-focused, well-rounded individual with the chops to roll up their sleeves with current efforts as well as the creativity, vision, and stakeholder management skills required to bring new opportunities to life. Familiarity with financial services, data privacy, and/or the fintech ecosystem is preferred.
What You’ll Do:
- Help identify and develop opportunities that grow Fidel’s business
- Perform analyses, research and business case development that help us make the right decisions around potential opportunities
- Partner cross-functionally within Fidel to help execute on strategic opportunities and/or to drive scale and efficiency
- Develop and manage external relationships with ecosystem partners critical in bringing initiatives to fruition
- Step in to execute against functional gaps, help scope and deliver longer term organizational fixes
We want you if you:
- 3-5 years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital and/or in products roles at a high growth startup
- Self-starter with initiative and high horsepower
- Ability to execute independently across a breadth of responsibilities
- Strong interest and ability to work with multiple cultures and across time zones
- Ability to distill highly complex concepts into actionable, concise and compelling opportunities
- Openness to operate in many capacities, comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to establish and manage commercial relationships with both clients and ecosystem partners
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 21 nationalities in our growing team and speak 27 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home when you need to
- WFH office budget
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k with company match
- Access to training and education platforms (Udemy, Audible, and Headspace)
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel employees or any other company location. Fidel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.