US Expansion Lead
Growth · New York
We see ourselves as enablers of payments innovation. By providing a single point of integration to the real-time transaction data that exists within the world’s largest payment networks, Fidel liberates developers from the obstacles of time, cost and compliance that can hinder their ability to build engaging user experiences. Using Fidel’s platform, companies like RBC, Perkbox, British Airways and Klarna have built some of the sleekest payments-led user experiences being used today.
Launched in 2018 by Dev Subrata and Andre Elias, Fidel is headquartered in Soho, London, with offices also in Lisbon and New York. We’re backed by investors including Nyca Partners and QED Investors.
In this exciting period of growth, both within the UK and on the international stage, we are now looking for an Expansion Lead who wants to be part of this journey.
We're looking for an Expansion Lead to help us scale our business in North America. We need someone who is a strong all-rounder and can help us develop and grow the business both from an operational and commercial point of view. We believe this market can help define the scale and trajectory of Fidel over the coming years and we need someone to help us achieve that vision.
What you'll be responsible for...
You'll be setting and executing our local go to market strategy and will be directly responsible for helping us build out and lead our local operations.
As the business grows, you'll have the opportunity to build out and manage the team to help us succeed in this critical market. To achieve this, you should be able to motivate and leverage existing and new team members to continually up-level their results, expectations, and reach for increasingly higher levels of impact across all of our core operational metrics.
You'll also work closely with the Fidel leadership team to ensure alignment with Fidel's overall strategy and to set clear regional goals and initiatives. You'll also work closely with other functions such as operations, product and finance to ensure that the regions requirements are captured and that the experience of customers in the region is improving all the time.
What you will do...
- Work closely with the Fidel leadership, leading the market strategy, creating and executing initiatives to achieve them.
- Lead on strategic sales opportunities in the region to secure the right reference customers required to scale our business.
- Work with our Partners (Visa, Mastercard, Amex) and our key customers (e.g. Google) to ensure our product works within the market and delights our customers.
- Build out and lead our go to market organisation in the region to scale and execute high-impact programs.
- Motivate and leverage existing and new staff to continually up-level their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with local operations teams, marketing, strategy, analytics, product, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership to set clear objectives for regional strategy and influence the roadmap to ensure success for the region.
What we're looking for...
- Someone with 8-12+ years' worth of deep, hands-on management of functions that include a combination of the following: sales, customer success, operations, and project management within startups and B2B software companies.
- Management experience and a hands-on approach to allow you to get things done quickly, and work cross-functionally with multiple departments.
- An ability to multi-task, through organization and prioritization of work, coordinating required support across various functions to achieve your project goals and objectives.
- A strong analytical and business background, as well as an understanding of strategic partnerships and/or marketing and operations, is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communicator with excellent presentation skills. You will need to experience working closely and communicating effectively with senior stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines.
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 21 nationalities in our growing team and speak 27 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home when you need to
- Health Insurance
- Access to training and education platforms
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel employees or any other company location. Fidel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.