We see ourselves as enablers of payments innovation. By providing a single point of integration to the real-time transaction data that exists within the world’s largest payment networks, Fidel liberates developers from the obstacles of time, cost and compliance that can hinder their ability to build engaging user experiences. Using Fidel’s platform, companies like RBC, Perkbox, British Airways and Klarna have built some of the sleekest payments-led user experiences being used today.
Launched in 2018 by Dev Subrata and Andre Elias, Fidel is headquartered in Soho, London, with offices also in Lisbon and New York. We’re backed by investors including Nyca Partners and QED Investors.
In this exciting period of growth, both within the UK and on the international stage, we are now looking for an experienced Director of Customer Support who wants to be part of this journey.
We're looking for the right person to lead our Customer Support team globally. The team today is distributed across the US and Europe and we're looking for someone who has experience managing globally distributed teams to help us scale this further. As we grow, you'll need to ensure that our capacity, tooling and the team keep up with the demands of our customers and the complexities of our business expanding across multiple products and geographies.
As part of managing the Customer Support function, you'll need to identify gaps in Fidel’s current support processes and implement improvements to ensure we're serving our customers and hitting our objectives. We also want to maintain our customer centricity as we scale by implementing more frequent measurement of Customer Satisfaction and Net Promoter Score. You should be able to use this data in order to identify areas for improvement and then execute on initiatives to scale the function and improve operations. We need someone with a proven track record collaborating internally with an array of internal and external stakeholders to successfully deliver complex cross functional projects.
What you'll do...
- Lead and manage a distributed team of customer advocates in both Europe and the US
- Set the hiring roadmap and help scale the team in line with our customers and Fidel's needs in mind
- Select and implement the right tooling for the team to manage and respond to inbound customer queries at scale
- A proven history at collaborating with other teams and stakeholders
- Identify gaps in Fidel’s support function and implement improvements.
- Collate customer feedback and build projections such as Customer Satisfaction and Net Promoter Score. Use this data and deliver to internal stakeholders whilst suggesting improvements.
- Report out regularly to the company and the board on progress and metrics.
We want you if you...
- Have managed and scaled distributed customer support teams before
- Are customer-centric. You will already have shown that you have a strong passion for customer support and you will be able to communicate effectively via different channels.
- You are empathetic towards customers and their problems and are able to see the situation through their eyes.
- Can manage and help grow the customer-support teams' capabilities and inspire them in their mission and work
- Have an aptitude for analytics. You will be able to analyse trends and suggest solutions.
- Have a strong technical foundation to work from. You understand APIs and the value that they provide to our customers.
- Have strong experience with Zendesk and other support and reporting tools.
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 21 nationalities in our growing team and speak 27 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home when you need to
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Pension with Smart Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Perkbox (perks incl. Mobile phone insurance)
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel employees or any other company location. Fidel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.