We see ourselves as enablers of payments innovation. By providing a single point of integration to the real-time transaction data that exists within the world’s largest payment networks, Fidel liberates developers from the obstacles of time, cost and compliance that can hinder their ability to build engaging user experiences. Using Fidel’s platform, companies like RBC, Perkbox, and British Airways have built some of the sleekest payments-led user experiences being used today.
Launched in 2018 by Dev Subrata and Andre Elias, Fidel is headquartered in Soho, London, with offices also in Lisbon and New York. We’re backed by investors including Nyca Partners and QED Investors.
In this exciting period of growth, both within the UK and on the international stage, we are now looking for an experienced Scrum Master who wants to be part of this journey.
We're searching for a Scrum Master to join our Developer team in Fidel's Lisbon office. We need you to have a strong engineering background, and an affinity for or experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
The Scrum Master position will entail serving Fidel's Scrum Teams, Product Owners, and the organisation in line with the ways outlined in the Scrum Guide. You will be directly accountable for the Scrum Teams' effectiveness, by enabling the Scrum Teams to improve on their practices within the Scrum framework.
The Scrum Master role will be highly metric-focused and you will be expected to conduct assessments and collect metrics as needed. These can be used to determine any team’s level of agility, understand its needs, analyse the impact of and readiness for change, facilitate the necessary change, and measure outcomes. In addition, the role includes documenting, demonstrating and promoting quantifiable business benefits resulting from Agile transformation efforts.
What you'll do...
- Serve the Scrum Teams, Product Owners, and the organisation in line with the ways outlined in the Scrum Guide;
- Be accountable for the Scrum Teams' effectiveness by enabling the Scrum Teams to improve on their practices within the Scrum framework;
- Conduct assessments and collect metrics as needed to determine any team’s level of agility, understand its needs, analyse the impact of and readiness for change, facilitate the necessary change, and measure outcomes;
- Document, demonstrate and promote quantifiable business benefits resulting from Agile transformation efforts;
- Provide Agile leadership and hands-on coaching/ training to Product Owners, engineers, executives, and non-technical teams;
- Proactively plan, deliver and follow-up of your personal tasks in a timely manner and according to the set quality standards and Fidel values;
- Take responsibility of professional self-development and contribute to own and team performance improvement by constructive feedback and relevant suggestions.
We want you, if you...
- Have an engineering background;
- Have worked at a fast-paced startup environment;
- Have experience in scaling Agile at a company level (e.g. using frameworks such as SAFe, LeSS or other approaches);
- Show experience in measuring project success factors using metrics;
- Show experience in fulfilling the Scrum Master or Agile Coach role for at least three different software development teams over at least 2 years;
- Have a proven record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, certification, conferences, meet-ups, self-study, etc.;
- Have applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the teams at Fidel (Jira, Confluence, GitHub);
- Are an energetic self-starter, as well as a kind, empathetic and caring person with excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour.
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 21 nationalities in our growing team and speak 27 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home when you need to
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel employees or any other company location. Fidel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.