We see ourselves as enablers of payments innovation. By providing a single point of integration to the real-time transaction data that exists within the world’s largest payment networks, Fidel liberates developers from the obstacles of time, cost and compliance that can hinder their ability to build engaging user experiences. Using Fidel’s platform, companies like RBC, Perkbox, and British Airways have built some of the sleekest payments-led user experiences being used today.
Launched in 2018 by Dev Subrata and Andre Elias, Fidel is headquartered in Soho, London, with offices also in Lisbon and New York. We’re backed by investors including Nyca Partners and QED Investors.
In this exciting period of growth, both within the UK and on the international stage, we are now looking for an experienced Business Development Manager who wants to be part of this journey.
We're looking for an outstanding communicator, with experience in sales, business presentation, and management of the sales cycle from a business champion, to the C-level executives. That means having the ability to articulate the contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, who will often be representing large, technology companies.
As a financial infrastructure API, we need you to understand the contextual buyer journey and lead complex, multi-party sales in a highly consultative manner. As such, experience working with APIs is essential, preferably within a payments industry context. You should, therefore, have a degree of technical curiosity and aptitude, that allows you to learn about and consult with customers on the product's technical aspects. A combination of sales and technical knowledge should enable you to understand a customer's own strategy and how Fidel can be a critical component to it. You should be comfortable demonstrating Fidel's value in competitive situations and enjoy working on deals that require deep product understanding.
Finally, you need to enjoy the building process – we need people who enjoy actively participating in the development of a sales process, how to articulate our value proposition, and are invested in the creation of key tools and assets. We're looking for someone whose truly ambitious, not only to exceed individual targets but also wants to play a wider, pivotal role in growing Fidel as a business.
What you'll do...
- Own a named account list and develop account plans for winning and expanding our business with high-growth technology companies;
- Work with our SDR team to develop outbound strategies and close those deals
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for Fidel's target clients;
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders, up to C-level, from our new clients;
- Lead complex product workshops and financial analyses alongside multiple, internal functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance);
- Collaborate on team projects to polish and refine our sales process;
- Apply your technical knowledge and experience to engage with Product and Engineering teams, driving product strategy forward;
We want you, if you...
- 4+ years of sales experience, preferably selling a technical product, with a proven track record of top performance;
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products;
- Ability to develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units across complex organisations;
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders;
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment;
- Strong interest in API technology and a deep understanding of the payments space;
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 21 nationalities in our growing team and speak 27 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home when you need to
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Pension with Smart Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Perkbox (perks incl. Mobile phone insurance)
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
To all recruitment agencies: Fidel does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Fidel employees or any other company location. Fidel is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.